Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rhubarb and Strawberry Pies

Yesterday evening I decided to cook the rhubarb we have in my flower garden,yes in my flower garden and it has done great again.After I cooked it,cooled it ended up in a lb container for overnight.I finished it off today,reheating the rhubarb and adding a cup of strawberries,few drops of lemon juice and then a tbs. or so of Strawberry gelatin and of course Sugar,enough for taste,and between the lemon juice and sugar both take the Tang of the  Rhubarb.Place another cup full or so of Strawberries in the bottom of the Pie Shell.All together for 2 Pies I used 2 lb of Strawberries.I looked at a couple of Recipes again and came up with my own I guess you could say.We grew up with Strawberry and Rhubarb pies,and tried to remember how my mom fixed them.So now all we have to do it add the Cool Whip.Hope everyone has tried or will at least try Strawberry and Rhubarb Pies once.





And with this I hope everyone has a Wonderful Tuesday and enjoy Living!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just to let everyone know,my granddaughters loved the Pies,in case you were wondering if they were kid friendly,lolo

    ReplyDelete